Job description: Community Link Manager at WISH
Areas of interest: Women involved in the criminal justice system, Mental health and wellbeing
Penny Bennett's Recent Activity
"Established in 1987, Wish is the only national, user-led charity working with women with mental health needs in prison, hospital and the community. It provides independent advocacy, emotional support and practical guidance at all stages of a woman's journey through the Mental Health and Criminal Justice Systems. Wish acts to increase women's participation in the services they receive, and campaigns to get their voice heard at a policy level. It is unique in its long-term commitment to each individual, as they move through hospitals, prison and the community.
Community Link provides extended support to women in Greater London as they move from prison or secure hospital into the community. Its wraparound services equip women with the skills, security and self-esteem necessary for successful resettlement, through:
· Pathways tailored to each individual’s needs and aims, to ensure long-term and meaningful change
· Support to engage with services and attend court dates
· Links into statutory and voluntary services
· Support with housing and accommodation issues
· Financial assistance and benefits guidance
· One-to-one support whenever and as often as each woman needs
· Social contact and peer support
For more information see: http://www.womenatwish.org.uk/"
Reply To: Mental health and wellbeing