Job description: Clerical Assistant at Preston Domestic Violence Services
Areas of interest: Domestic abuse
Hayley Sumner's Recent Activity
"Preston Domestic Violence Services is the only organisation in Preston that supports adults and children experiencing (of having experienced) domestic or sexual violence. Our services include:
• Butterfly Service – A service for victims of domestic violence who need support with resettlement or housing issues.
• 24hour confidential helpline (01772 201601)
• The Hope Centre – A drop in centre for women and children who have experienced domestic abuse. This is a free confidential service that offers advice and support as well as therapeutic sessions.
• IDVAs – A service that offers advice, support and options to increase the safety of high risk victims of domestic abuse.
• ISVAs – Provides confidential advice to male, female, and children victims of sexual assault and rape.
• Immigration Advice for victims of domestic abuse
• Outreach – A service for any victim of domestic abuse that offers practical and emotional support.
• Sanctuary – This scheme aims to secure the home of people that have been victims of domestic abuse by including additional security measure, e.g. new locks.
• Preston Refuge and Chorley Refuges – Safe, temporary accommodation for women and children fleeing domestic violence.
• Umeed Service – A service that is specifically victims from the BME community. Support is available in Gujarati, Punjabi, Urdu, Polish and English
• Nadzieja Service – A service specifically for Polish victims of domestic abuse that offers practical and emotional support.
• Men2 Service – A service that specifically supports male victims of domestic abuse by offering practical and emotional support.
For more information see www.pdvs.org.uk"
Reply To: Prevention and recovery from domestic abuse and sexual violence